Our Mission Statement
The California Reform Sex Offender Laws organization is dedicated to restoring civil rights for those accused and / or convicted of sex crimes. In order to achieve that objective, CA RSOL will initiate and support legal action, legislation and public outreach.
- No sexual abuse is ever acceptable.
- Sex offense laws and policies should be based on sound research and common sense, not fear, panic or paranoia.
- Current laws and policies that paint all sex offenders with one broad brush are counter- productive, wasteful, and cause needless harm.
- Each offense must be judged on its own merits with a punishment that fits the crime and does not waste taxpayer dollars.
- The public sex offender registry and residency restriction laws do not protect children but instead ostracize and dehumanize individuals and their families.
- Money spent on purely punitive measures would be better used for prevention, healing, and rehabilitation.
- We do not now nor have we ever had a relationship with the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA)
Board of Directors
The current members and officers of the Board of Directors are:
- Brian Abbott, Member
- Janice Bellucci, President
- Linda Cordero, Member
- Alex Landon, Member
- Frank Lindsay, Chief Financial Officer
- Bobbi Monette, Member
- Charlene Steen, Secretary
California RSOL was approved as a tax exempt organization by the Internal Revenue Service on February 12, 2012, under IRS Code Section 501(c)(4) with an effective date of September 2, 2011. The organization was approved as a tax exempt organization by the California Franchise Tax Board on July 20, 2012, with an effective date of September 2, 2011.